I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I was in Leicester this weekend which was lots of fun, with beautiful weather. Above photo is of St Pancras Station when I arrived home to London. If you’ve not already seen them, check out my post on Camden Market and our lovely walk along the Thames.
– For those with iPhones or Apple Watches, you can now use Apple Pay on the tube, and at other places around the country.
– A theatre in Hoxton is staging Shakespeare’s King Lear. With sheep. Real sheep. Actual sheep. You can sit on straw hay bales and be entertained by sheep in costumes.
– A building that was housing a pop-up restaurant in Shoreditch was partially destroyed by fire over the weekend. The official London Fire Brigade tweeted that “no hipsters were injured” – this was met with mixed feelings, and the London Fire Brigade Twitter posted an apology shortly after.
– Tottenham Hotpsur have been told to groundshare with Arsenal while their new stadium is being built. That’ll be fun for all fans!
– Following a successful Kickstarter campaign, a trailer for a new Harry Potter film has been released. It will be released on YouTube, and it follows the adventure of Harry’s parents, before he was born. The official synopsis reads:
“Set in 1978 just after Harry Potter’s father James graduates from Hogwarts, he and his friends Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew celebrate at a bar, contemplating their place in a war they are to soon become a part of. When Severus Snape enters the same bar, James Potter decides to do something about Snape once and for all.”
Interesting… If you want to view the trailer, click HERE.
– We’re also planning to run another Instagram challenge in August, so keep an eye out for that, and we’d love it if you followed us on Instagram if you don’t already!
Have a good week!